Thursday, February 2, 2012

Banana Bread

During my childhood, every Christmas season I remember one of my uncles used to bring Fruit Cake to his children which he also shares with me and my brother. Although it was delicious, I did not like it that much because of the different taste of fruits blended with sweet taste of the bread. I got confused in which it should be categorized, sweet or sour bread? Until I realized that there is another almost similar mixture – Banana Bread, which has been one of my favorite breads to buy from the bakery beside us.



According to wikipedia, Banana Bread first became a standard feature of American cookbooks with the popularization of baking soda and baking powder in 1930s. This is made of mashed fully ripe banana. There are different variations such as Banana raisin bread, Banana nut bread, and Chocolate chip banana bread.


Banana Bread into halves

I haven’t tried the three types yet because I just started with the most common and the one I used to buy from the bakery. Soon, I will try one of them or better think of other type too.

Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 pcs eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
You will need:







- banana loaf pan
Procedure:
- combine all dry ingredients
- add eggs, oil, and vani
lla extract
- add the mashed banana
- grease loaf pan and put in the mixture

- preheat oven
- bake the mixture for 20-30mins


Credits: Bakery ng Kapitbahay, www.panlasangpinoy.com for the recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment