Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Seafoods Pad Cha

I once tried eating in a Thailand restaurant with friends and I found some Thai foods very delicious. The combination of sweet, salty, and spicy tastes of the foods that we ordered made my tongue crave for the same foods, or just similar to those.

Exploring the net provided me with Seafoods Pad Cha recipe. Pad Cha is a Thailand recipe which also means stir fried recipe with chilies and herbs. I found a lot of variants for this recipe but let me give you the most classic recipe in terms of ingredients. Since some terminologies are not familiar to me like krachai and shallots, I even searched for pictures using Google images just to give me the idea of how these look like and what it really is.

I hope friends from Thailand will accept this although some ingredients which may be significant with Pad Cha are not included here. Constraints include the unavailability of the other ingredients in the nearby grocery stores. 
My version of Seafoods Pad Cha


I also saw variants with very little (or almost no) sauce. But mine has more. I’d better reduce it next time I’ll try.This may not be as presentable as Thailand's original Pad Cha, but the foods that I tasted in the Thai restaurant is almost the same as the taste of this one.

Ingredients:

- 500gms mixed seafood
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 medium sized ginger, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 cup water (or at least ½ cup)
- cooking oil

Procedure:

- In a pan, fry mixed seafoods for 5minutes
- remove from heat, set aside
- on a separate pan, heat oil
- sauté garlic, & onions
- add ginger, and fry for some time
- add mixed seafoods, stir fry for about 3 minutes
- add water and let boil for some minutes
- add chili power, fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar
- mix well and let boil for some minutes
- remove from heat and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment