Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Steamed Tilapya with Mushroom & Spinach

After able to prepare and cook Korean’s Kimbap, I got problematic once more with what to do with spinach left over. I only used half of the pack that I bought. Aside from that, I wanted to cook Tilapya other than the usual recipes that I know. So I started researching once more and combined several recipes that I found.
Steamed Tilapia with Mushroom & Spinach
(serving suggestion :))
Ingredients
- 8 pcs Tilapia fillets (I did my own fillet J)
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon
- 1 cup of sliced Mushroom
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 1 small onion
- Garlic powder
- Spinach
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
What you need
- Steamer
- Aluminum Foil
Procedure
Preparing and Cooking the Tilapia






- Cut Tilapia fish in fillets (better if you can find one)


- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Squeeze lemon to it
- Wrap in aluminum foil
- Steam for about 10minutes
- Set aside
Cooking the Vegies
- Heat cooking oil in a medium pan, on medium heat
- Sauté tomato and onion
- Add garlic powder and mix well
- Add mushroom and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked
- Lower the heat
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey, mix well
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Meanwhile, boil spinach for 5minutes
- Remove some excess liquid
- Set aside
Combining them altogether
- In a plate, combine the boiled spinach with mushroom mixture
- Place the steamed tilapia on a plate
- Arrange the combined vegetable mixture beside the steamed tilapia
- Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment