Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fried Cheesy Potato Balls

Craving for salty and cheesy food, I thought of preparing something to suit my taste bud again :). I researched for some recipes and found mashed potato interesting. The recipe that I became interested at requires bread crumbs but my stock is already expired so I did not use it, instead I made a little change. I’m afraid I might get sick (again) if I still use the expired product.

Fried Cheesy Potato Balls

Ingredients
- 2 cups mashed potato
- 2 eggs
- 125g of cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch

Procedure
- boil potato for 30 minutes or until soft
- in a bowl, mash potato
- add egg and mix well
- add onion and salt
- add cornstarch
- shape into balls and deep fry over medium heat until color turns light brown
- top with grated cheese or your favorite cheesewiz
- serve and enjoy!

Notes
* alternatively, cornstarch may no longer needed if you only add 1 egg instead of two
* first frying attempt wasn’t successful so make sure you deep fry it over medium heat
* never over fry so you won't end up having a dark colored potato balls like the two pieces behind

I enjoyed eating it with iced tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment