Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Macaroons using Flour

I’ve been thinking about how to use some condiments left over before going home next month. It will be wasted if I won’t do anything with those. I still have paper cups, brown sugar, and small amount of sweetened coconut flakes which I still don’t know what to do with, until I thought of combining them to make some macaroons – once more. I became interested in knowing if it is possible to make macaroons using a microwave oven (the only thing we have) so I read some forums explaining such. Very timely that a colleague’s wife was able to bake banana cake using a microwave so I thought of doing mine as well. Since I just had to consume what is in the kitchen without buying other ingredients (saving money, time, and energy as well), in this version, I made use of flour as an extender. Here is another macaroon recipe which fits microwave cooking.
Flour Version of Macaroon cooked in Microwave Oven

Ingredients:
- one egg
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 of 198gms of sweetened coconut flakes (left over)
- 1 tbsp butter


Directions:
- place the butter into a bowl and cream using a fork
- add all purpose flour, sugar and mix well
- add egg and mix well
- add the sweetened coconut flakes
- scoop 1 ½ teaspoon of the mixture and place in a paper cup (repeat until all the mixture is placed)
- get a microwavable plate and place the macaroons

- microwave in medium heat for 1 ½ minute
- cool down and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment