Saturday, May 11, 2013

Duldol

Back in Cavite, my late Auntie Rosie used to cook this type of snack for us. I’ve been searching for the recipe of this on the net but could not find the taste that I used to enjoy. I learned from some blogs that this is a southern Philippines version of Maha Blanca. Tastes are different as Maha is sweeter than the Duldol I used to eat.



I reduced the sugar for this recipe so I came up with the taste I’ve wanted to eat.




Duldol

Ingredients:

- 1 cup cornstarch

- 12 tbsp coconut powder

- 4 ½ cups water

- ½ cup sugar

- 1 cup toasted desiccated coconut



Procedure:

- in a bowl, dissolve coconut powder in 4 cups of water, set aside

- in a separate bowl, dissolve cornstarch in ½ cup of water, set aside

- in a pan, boil coconut mixture and sugar to blend

- add the cornstarch mixture, stir continuously until thick

- place in a serving container and top with toasted desiccated coconut
- serve and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment