Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Beef Tripe Kare Kare

As it is included in my list of favorites, I see to it to cook kare kare once in a while. I know people who cook Kare Kare from scratch, but what is best for lovers like me who doesn’t know how to cook it that way is to depend on readily available kare kare mix :). Pardon me for including this trial as part of my recipe online but believe me, this will help people who have less passion for cooking but more on eating.

my version of karekare

Ingredients
- ½ kilo beef tripe
- string beans
- 2 pcs round eggplant
- garlic, onion
- fish sauce to taste
- Mama Sita’s kare kare mix diluted in 1 cup of water
- Beef broth
- shrimp paste

Procedure
- boil beef tripe for 1 – 2 hours or until soft
- in a separate pan, sauté garlic and onion
- add in the beef tripe
- add fish sauce to taste and simmer for 5-7 minutes
- add the string beans and eggplant
- add the beef broth, bring to boil until the vegetables are cooked
- put in the diluted karekare mix and simmer until thick
- serve and enjoy with shrimp paste

No comments:

Post a Comment